We have been talking a lot at the office lately regarding the concept of Christmas in July. This, of course, does not reference the Christian Holiday of Jesus’ birth, but rather the custom of frenzied shopping which accompanies the season – but more on this in a minute. It offers the idea that starting (and completing!) your holiday shopping during the summer is a definite reality – and at bargain prices, to boot (no pun intended!)
Full disclosure: this post will NOT include any images, but rather just cold, hard facts regarding tomorrow’s Amazon Prime Day.
The main reason we are talking about Christmas in July is because we are thrilled to be a part of Amazon’s exclusive Prime Day – which means Boottique will be offering Amazon Prime customers some absolutely AH-MAZING deals. You can literally get your Christmas shopping finished (or at least, started) in July! In anticipation of this event, we would like to provide you with some background, tips, and pointers on this event that should not be missed!!
Let me start with some background on where this concept began and what Christmas in July means. The US Armed Forces as well as the US Postal Service (in conjunction with the American advertising and greeting card industries), threw a Christmas in July luncheon in New York in 1944 to promote an early Christmas mailing campaign for servicemen and women overseas during World War II. The luncheon was repeated in 1945. Then, in the early 1950’s, American advertisers began using Christmas in July themes in print for summertime sales.
Today, Christmas in July is more often used as a marketing tool than an actual “holiday.” Television stations may choose to re-run Christmas specials, and many stores have Christmas in July sales. This is in part because most bargainers tend to sell Christmas goods around July to make room for next year’s inventory.
Fast forward a few years, and enter e-tailing giant Amazon. Amazon Prime subscribers will again be treated to a July “Prime Day” on July 11 (that’s tomorrow!), where the deals are incredible and the air of excitement is real.
Every five minutes or so for thirty hours, new deals are introduced. Many deals run on a “while supplies last” basis. If a deal you wanted ran out of inventory, there is the option to place yourself on a waiting list should that item be made available.
Here is everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day in a thumbnail sketch:
- For the instant gratification lovers out there, Prime Now users may also rejoice – there will be thousands of deals available on Prime Day that are same-day deliverable.
- There will be special new programming available on Amazon Prime Video, as well as Kindle deals.
- Alexa is even on board with the Prime Day shenanigans – there will be special deals available only through Amazon’s Alexa voice-operated platforms such as Echo and Echo Dot.
- Here’s an insider tip to ensure you are at an advantage on Prime Day – download the app here. This will speed up your browsing and make it easier to hone in on what may be of interest to you.
- Log on starting at 9 pm EST on July 10 (tonight!) to start taking advantage of the deals!
- Don’t forget to search Boottique’s amazing steals on Amazon Prime Day – if you miss out, know that we have our Summer Fling sale running – enter SUMMERFLING at checkout to receive 20% off of your purchase on boottique.com.