No doubt, you have been hearing the buzz about the super-spice Turmeric, and all of its many health benefits. It’s truly an incredibly potent powerhouse for the human body, and one that literally every man, woman, and child should start to incorporate into their diets.
This ancient Eastern spice has incredible anti-inflammatory qualities. This means that it can help with so many serious inflammatory ailments, including IBD, Crohn’s Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, chronic pain, and more. If you are blessed not to suffer from one of these conditions, you should know that it protects against many cancers, and acts as a preventative measure against Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular disease.
Consuming turmeric also keeps other everyday maladies in check: depression, aging, allergies, and skin issues; all while stimulating the immune system.
While Turmeric is widely available in capsule form, drinking Turmeric tea is an even better way to ingest this super-spice. This recipe cuts the bitterness of the Turmeric with honey and cinnamon, and it’s quite delicious.
- 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately.
recipe via wellness mama