The holiday season is, without a doubt, an exciting time of year. But for some, the excitement can be too much. Office parties, friends and family obligations, holiday shopping can become grueling. So much so that we can easily lose sight of what the season really means. It can be easy to fall prey to the commercialism surrounding the December holidays.
This weekend, avoid the crowds at the malls, decline that holiday party invite, and schedule some time for yourself.
Calming Bubble Bath
- 1 cup mild liquid body soap like Dr. Bronner’s
- 1/4 cup pure vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chamomile essential oil or a ‘pillow blend’ essential oil that combines lavender and hops
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a sealable bottle. (It’s probably better to use a plastic bottle if you plan to store it in the bathroom.) Stir ingredients gently; you don’t want to make bubbles just yet! To use, pour about 1/2 cup under running water and agitate water to create bigger bubbles.
Recharge your batteries and think about what the season means to you. You will be happy you did.
bubble bath recipe courtesy of hellonatural.co
photos courtesy of pinterest